Thinking of fundraising in aid of PMZ? You’re a star, thank you!
On this page, you’ll find our Top 8 most useful things to support you during your fundraising mission. Here you’ll find many of the tools you need to get the best out of fundraising in aid of PMZ.
1 – Tell people about who we are and why you’ve chosen to fundraise for PMZ…
The best way to encourage friends and family to donate is to share your personal story as to why PMZ has made a difference to you or someone you know. Just make sure you have permission from anyone you might name or share photos of.
- We call ourselves “Plymouth Music Zone” or “PMZ” (never just “Music Zone” please, as that’s our old name!). We tend to use our full name for those who’ve never met us.
- MUSIC MAKING A DIFFERENCE is what we do & the slogan you’ll find on the back of staff t-shirts
- Whatever you’re planning, it is important to use the phrase “in aid of Plymouth Music Zone (PMZ)” when asking for donations or sponsorship. For example: “I’m holding a 24 hour drum-a-thon in aid of PMZ” or “I’m running the Plymouth Half Marathon in aid of Plymouth Music Zone”
2 – A couple of useful quick descriptions about PMZ….
- Plymouth Music Zone is a community music charity that believes passionately in the power of music to reach out and bring people together.
- PMZ is a community music charity that believes in a world where no one feels left out or lonely. We love music. We love people. We love making a difference.
You’ll find links to all of our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud and LinkedIn) here: https://linktr.ee/plymouthmusiczone. It would be great if you could tag us in your posts so we can see it, and your friends and family can easily click to find out more about us.
3 – Doing something sponsored?
Many people find it really easy to donate online. You can create a fundraising page for your PMZ event here: https://www.justgiving.com/plymouthmusiczoneltd
or click here for a printable PMZ sponsorship form.
4 – Gift Aid – help us make donations even bigger!
For every £1 donated, PMZ could get an extra 25p from UK tax payers. If you wish to include Gift Aid, please use the PMZ sponsorship form above, ensuring that your donors fill out the form themselves with their full name and address, making sure they tick the Gift Aid box. Users of Just Giving will also be able to select the Gift Aid option.
5 – Make a poster or flyer
You might like to make a poster or flyer to let your friends and family know about your fundraiser. If so, here are a few things you’ll need…
Please include our charity number: 1100878
To download the PMZ logos, please use one of these:
6 – At your fundraising event…
Depending on what you’re doing, we can help with a few things.
- We can supply you with collection tins to collect cash donations (there are rules around collecting in public spaces, please check with us for details)
- We can also loan you our PMZ pull up banner
- and flyers promoting PMZ’s work
7 – After your fundraising event…
Once you’ve completed your fundraising event, there are a number of ways you can give us the money you’ve raised.
- If you have cash, either in PMZ collection tins or otherwise, you can either count it up for us and bring us the cash, or we’ll count it for you.
- Cheques should be made payable to Plymouth Music Zone Ltd. You can either post it to us or drop it in to our base in Devonport.
- You can transfer money to us using BACS: Sort Code 40-52-40 / Account 00017770
- If you’ve used our Just Giving page, thank you, we will automatically receive your donations
8 – Share your success with your friends and family!
Why not share news of how much you’ve raised with a ‘thank you’ post on your social media! Again, make sure you tag us so we can share your good news too!
Make sure you let us know what you’re planning so we can share it with our participants and social media followers. We can help you get more donations and sponsorship! Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (01752) 213690. Dave and the team will be really happy to chat with you!
Thank you so much for fundraising in aid of Plymouth Music Zone. You’re really helping us to make a difference with music.